Wednesday, January 9, 2013

blog post #1


I found that these two articles were vastly different in various ways. One boy emits such an engaging presence that I found endearing and insightful. He spoke in such a way that made me proud of him, as if I were his own mother. I believe this is because the usage of emoticons and his way of constructing sentences (such as,It made me want to build a lot more websites"). None of the vocabulary was some sort of computer lingo that I couldn't understand. Reading the "giving up Google" piece, it had an entirely different feel to it. When I finished it all I could think was "so what?" It seemed as if he was just doing it as something to fill in his spare time. It even angered me a little that he was speaking as if he were so much above the reader. I will admit that I have thought about life without Google, but it usually ends with me shuddering and shutting out that glimmer of a thought. Never have I actually gone through the effort to just stop. In the end, the title is misleading. He never learned how to live without it, because he was ultimately using Youtube daily and never really stopped.
These narratives did help me come up with idea for how to construct my paper. Though I enjoyed one over the other, they both used some type of humor that was clearly their personalities shining through. I hope to be able to exude my own voice in my upcoming narrative.

5 comments:

  1. Agree on Feross's use of his charm that made me more willing to follow his story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree anna I will use humor in my paper to. I thought it was intestering that the same thing stood out to us!

      Delete
    2. I agree with you I liked the humor

      Delete
  2. I agree with you. The google one was almost offensive and I thought it was really funny that he still used YouTube on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great observations and follow-up comments here!

    ReplyDelete