Thursday, February 28, 2013

Education corruption

I feel as if our education system has progressively gotten more and more corrupted. I have had a teacher who was perfect- over all good educator, kind, etc.,- and when budget cuts came around the bitchy, horrible teacher stayed because of seniority. There are teachers who are paid $45,000 salaries for this. Even if every student wants to leave their class or if they are lazy. I know schools where if your parents are wealthy, your grades can literally be bought. I've seen schools that are physically falling apart, that are dangerous for students to be in. All the while nothing is being done towards them because there is no money. Schools with crowded classes and unqualified teachers. Teenagers all too often drop out because they simply become bored- their brains are too advanced for that but they don't even try because it is just that easy. My Algebra 1 class is equivalent with another high school's advanced Algebra. Better schools are too expensive- same with colleges. People argue that there are scholarships, but those same people are probably the ones that don't have to worry due to their trust fund.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah its hard. I have not been in such situation like you though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made up a great point about how the younger teachers get cut over tenure teachers especially now that every county in America is struggling financially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its hard to see the young teachers cut and the older teachers stay. Especially since in any high school I have ever been in it seems like the older teachers are the ones that all the students want to go.

    ReplyDelete